in Cody, Wyoming
Postcard featuring the 100th Anniversary, some are cancelled on Aug 25th at the OFI post office for "Christmas in the Park" Collector's items are limited.
Plain postcards are $1, cancelled postcards are $10
This amateur photo was taken August 23, 1903 while the Old Faithful Inn was under construction. Originally architect Robert Reamer intended the building to be called Old Faithful Tavern, but the Yellowstone Hotel Co. owner, Harry Child changed that name prior to its opening in June 1904. This view was the intended view that Mr. Reamer hoped that each visitor would be blessed to see either coming or going from the Inn, a view of an active Old Faithful geyser. This photo was taken on a Sunday, hence there is no activity around the site. It would have been the perfect time for the architect to survey the progress of his crew. Because the only place the name "Old Faithful Tavern" appeared was on the original plans, it is very likely that it appears on this original photo because Mr. Reamer was there explaining to this Tourist, just what was being built on this site. Own a copy of this historic treaure.
This image is available in various sizes, alone, matted, or framed in wood from the historic Old Faithful Inn floor which was taken up by Bob Berry, Jr in October 2004 during the first phase of the renovation. Please call for details. The Old Faithful Inn under construction in an Old Faithful Inn lobby wood frame is the best gift you can give to a "Yellowstoner."
One of Yellowstone's Historic Treasures
The Old Faithful Inn under Construction